SARS-CoV-2: statement on the Current informaton
Current information as of 30 March 2020
The latest developments on the Corona Virus and the concerns it has raised are currently occupying the minds of health authorities and companies worldwide. The rapid spread of SARS-CoV-2 makes a permanent reassessment of the situation necessary. Gummiwerk KRAIBURG is observing the current developments very closely. Our crisis committee assesses the current risk situation daily. The assessment is based on the information from the Robert Koch Institute (risk areas), the VBCI (Association of the Bavarian Chemical Industry), the competent authorities and the government’s recommendation.
In order to minimize infections, Gummiwerk KRAIBURG has taken the following precautionary measures:
- No business trips will be made, until further notice, whether they lead to risk areas or not.
- There will be no external visits of customers and suppliers, until further notice. Urgent exceptions must be approved by the executive board. Visits may have to be postponed if necessary. For visitors who wish to visit our company in the next few weeks with the approval of the executive board, will be questioned about a possible stay in the risk areas or contact with sick people in the last 14 days before the planned visit.
- Truck drivers have no access to operational facilities until further notice.
- Visits to our canteen for external persons are not permitted until further notice.
- Most of our employees are currently working in home office.
- Internal guidelines were introduced to equalize gatherings of employees.
Personal hygiene measures remain important, above all regular hand washing, as well as the behavior when sneezing and coughing.
Information on the delivery situation
The effects on transport, trade and merchant shipping are noticed already. In Italy in particular, the movement of goods is severely restricted due to the measures taken by the Italian government to limit the further spread of corona.
Gummiwerk KRAIBURG remains a reliable partner during these challenging times. We are constantly in touch with our suppliers on the current delivery situation. Based on their feedback, delays in transport times and customs clearance are to be expected in the short term. An interruption of the supply chain is unlikely at present.
According to our freight forwarders the situation at the borders is changing substantially due to the restrictions in Europe. This results in logistical difficulties, which in turn are leading to significant delays.
We will, of course, keep you informed about the further developments.